Thursday, September 24, 2009

Working through lunchtime?

Working in the PR industry, working through lunch was a norm, working late was a norm…BUT…

Now that I’ve done a little career jump I see that lunch hour is time for eating, playing games, being non-existent and just not constructive!
Try and get something out of anyone during lunch and it’s like talking to a wall!

Yes, I know everybody is entitled to lunch and should have the chance to get away from their desk and just relax, but whatever happened to finishing the job and going the extra mile?

I find it quite frustrating coming from an environment where getting the job done was more important than doing nothing during lunch time to an environment where lunch hour means LUNCH!

Some people might disagree with my opinion but that’s okay, I think one’s work ethic differs, depending on your need to succeed and your need to learn more.

To me, if working through my lunch hour means I get to finish a task and take on more responsibility, then that’s okay, because I know, in the long run, it will be worth my while!

No comments:

Post a Comment