Thursday, September 3, 2009

WORK!!!

Im currently working for a big retail company and my oh my has it been an experience, from learning and development of my personal growth to experiences that have changed my outlook on life. Up until last month, I was working within one department, and now find myself working in another! Only because my contract wasn’t renewed.

My opening comments sounds all good and well but it was actually the opposite of that! For a few months I felt very unsure of my future in terms of my career and felt that one particular person had control of my future, determining whether or not my contract was going to be renewed. To cut a long story short, my contract wasn’t renewed and on the last day of me being at my job at 16:45 (keeping in mind I finish at 16:30) I was told that I got a job I applied for in this other department. SHU…what a relief!

Through this whole experience I learnt that one should not let any individual take control of your future or destiny! I’ve also learnt that my job shouldn’t define the person that I am. As much I loved my job, and love the industry that im in, it still doesn’t define me as a person! It took a very draining experience for me to figure this out but im glad I was able to discover this.

Many people might think that it’s easier said than done due to the implications of not having a job, but believe me..i spent many a nights lying awake, thinking about these implications, putting plans in place to secure myself, and yet, I still didn’t feel the need to control the situation.

I learnt that one’s life is planned out and we just have to live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment